Welcome to the 4th Annual Trails & Trees Studio Tour!
Enjoy an autumn weekend leisurely roaming the countryside of beautiful Berkeley County, West Virginia, and visit the studios of 14 talented artisans who call it home. Travel at your own pace from studio to studio to get a behind-the-scenes look at Creativity Where it Lives. Take your time, plot your course, and enjoy the arts! Artists will have specially selected door prizes for visitors at each studio. New to the tour this year is the Trails & Trees Passport to Creativity, with a chance to win the grand prize of a $200 Trails & Trees gift certificate. We look forward to seeing you!
New for the 2014 Tour: The Trails & Trees Passport to Creativity
Start anywhere on the Tour route. Collect your Trails & Trees Passport to Creativity at the first studio you visit. Have your passport stamped by the Tour artist(s). Visit all 11 studios in any order, collecting all 14 artists’ stamps along the way. When you have collected all 14 stamps, submit your passport to the artist at your last stop for entry into the grand prize drawing for a $200 Trails & Trees gift certificate.
About the Tour
The Trails & Trees Studio Tour was organized in 2010 under the auspices of the Berkeley Arts Council to:
- introduce and highlight the artists and artisans who work and reside in Berkeley County, West Virginia;
- provide the public with the opportunity to meet the artists and artisans in their working environment and to view a variety of art and creativity;
- promote Berkeley County as an art destination;
- foster a shared community and support among the artists;
- strengthen the arts community by demonstrating that the success of one artist benefits all artists; and
- give the public an opportunity to interact with artists see the creative process in action.
The Tour is a self-governed organization and membership is open to residents of Berkeley County, West Virginia, and is determined by application and a jurying process. After being accepted by the Review Committee, members agree to pay the participation fee of $225 for the year and commit to helping with Tour logistics.
To be eligible for participation in the Tour, applicants must live in, create their work in, or maintain a creative work space in Berkeley County, West Virginia.
Special thanks to these businesses and organizations for their support and assistance to the Trails & Trees Studio Tour: